Saturday 3 September 2005

I'd Really Like to Upgrade Now...

...my Debian Sid box, that is. What did you think?

Only when I try apt-get dist-upgrade, apt wants to remove most of my KDE desktop. Apparently, they are switching to a later gcc version and need to recompile just about the whole distribution, which means that the dependencies are a mess right now. I can live with KDE 3.3 (in fact, I'm in no hurry with most of the other stuff I've got either), but I'd really like to install klineakconfig to get all those extra buttons on my MS wireless keyboard to work. Without messing with specific older versions, and certainly without manually writing that config file, thank you.

So, please...? This is as good a reason to learn C as anything I've heard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Blogging is sure fun. I love writing to mine too.
direct mail statistics