Friday 2 September 2005

My Very First Blog...

Earlier tonight, my wife Karin and I drank some wine (well, I drank beer; she had the wine) while talking about the kind of stuff that people put in their blogs these days (ten years ago, this stuff ended up in unmoderated newsgroups like misc.writing where nobody seldom talked about writing per se). One short subject after another came up, excellent blogging material, all of them. So that's what I said.

What's a blog? Karin asked.

What better way to explain than to create one and start blogging? A quick Google search led me to blogger.com (that's the kind of person I am; I need other people's opinions for reassurance), and about fifteen minutes later (of which most was spent coming up with a user name and a prefix to the URL), here I am. With my very own blog.

Karin, of course, lost interest in the subject even before we finished the wine (well, the beer), but imagine the fun I'll have, sending the URL to her first thing Monday morning. Cool.

So I hope you'll enjoy reading this. And if not, well, too bad.

No comments: