Saturday 21 March 2009

I Hate Windows

This blog is about blame. Specifically, it's about Windows XP. If you're into the Microsoft-friendly thing, quit reading.

I held my presentation at XML Prague today. It seemed to go reasonably well until I was about to switch to a demo. I was in Powerpoint and meant to show a little something on the actual application, so I switched to Internet Explorer, or so I thought.

NOTHING happened. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nothing whatsoever.

Nothing. Can you imagine the terror? WTF?

I kept on speaking, realising that my presentation wasn't up to par. Another demo opportunity came up, with similar results.

Nothing.

And that is what happened. Nothing. You explain this, because I can't.

2 comments:

tony525 said...

ouch, Ari I think most people didn't realize this ... demos are good, but I think your point came across; the topic (e.g. using URNs in this manner) perfectly fits the XML Prague policy of giving a forum to show alternate techniques/pov

Ari N said...

Thanks. I certainly hoped my points would come across, anyway, but what would actually have made them clear would have been a look or two into an application that handles URN-based document (link) trees.

I'm pleased to hear that the presentation wasn't a total disaster. :)

Cheers.