Thursday 12 March 2009

XML Prague Nerves

XML Prague is only a week away so I've been working on my slides. I've done stuff on resource naming (links identifying a resource by name rather than location), markup, linking systems (actually only one, XLink), publishing, "document trees" and more, but it all feels deceptively simple to me. Right now, the whitepaper's most important (and only?) message, use an abstraction layer such as URNs to always identify whatever resources you are using, seems trivial, even. The question, therefore, is if I really am that brilliant at what I do (I'd like to think so, obviously) or if the whole thing is so simple that it doesn't need pointing out, in which case I'm in trouble and people will fall asleep (or worse) at my presentation.

As I said, I do include some other stuff in the presentation, but in my mind it's all a result of the basic premise.

Or maybe it's just me being nervous. We'll see.

No comments: